Michael Sheen, one of the finest actors of his generation, plays Hamlet under the direction of one of Britain’s leading directors Ian Rickson (Jerusalem), who makes his Shakespearean debut with this electrifying new production.
The world-class creative team includes designer Jeremy Herbert (The Glass Menagerie; Young Vic), costume designer Nicky Gillibrand (Government Inspector; Young Vic, Anna Nicole; ROH) and Punchdrunk associate director Maxine Doyle (Masque of the Red Death; BAC) who will choreograph.
They are joined by a stellar cast drawn from the worlds of film, musicals, theatre and TV including:
- Guildenstern/Francisco: Adeel Akhtar (Faisal in Chris Morris’s Four Lions)
- Horatio: Told by an Idiot co-founder Hayley Carmichael (Sweet Nothings; Young Vic)
- Claudius: James Clyde (Peter Hall’s Twelfth Night; NT, Neil Bartlett’s Romeo & Juliet; RSC)
- Gertrude: Sally Dexter (Mother Superior in Sister Act, Mrs Wilkinson in Billy Elliot; West End)
- Marcellus: Callum Dixon (Government Inspector; Young Vic)
- Barnardo: Pip Donaghy (The Deep Blue Sea/ Rattigan’s Nijinsky; Chichester Festival Theatre)
- Polonius: Michael Gould (Earthquakes in London, Our Class, Women of Troy; All NT)
- Ophelia: Vinette Robinson (Tender Napalm; Southwark Playhouse, Welcome to Thebes; NT, Sugar Mummies; Royal Court and BBC’s Sherlock)
- Rosencrantz: Eileen Walsh (Disco Pigs; Bush Theatre and film The Magdalene Sisters)
- Laertes: Benedict Wong (whose films include Ridley Scott’s upcoming Prometheus, Duncan Jones’ Moon and Danny Boyle’s Sunshine)