Big news everyone! We’ve announced the casting for Three Sisters and they’re a pretty exciting bunch!
Vanessa Kirby takes on the role of Masha. Vanessa was in the The Hour (BBC) and she recently played Estella in Great Expectations (BBC), starring Ray Winstone and Douglas Booth. Vanessa has just completed filming the lead role in Ridley Scott’s forthcoming series of the novel Labyrinth by Kate Mosse.
Mariah Gale returns to the Young Vic to play Olga, following her previous role in Vernon God Little. She has starred in many RSC productions including Ophelia in Hamlet alongside David Tennant, Juliet in Rupert Goold’s Romeo and Juliet, and lead roles in The Tempest, As You Like It, Julius Caesar and Antony and Cleopatra. Past TV work includes The Diary of Anne Frank (BBC), Oliver Twist and E4’s hit series Skins.
Read Baz Bamigboye’s announcement of the three sisters in the Daily Mail here.
– Emily Barclay will play Natalya. Emily has appeared in the films Weekender, Love Birds and in the animation Legend of the Guardians.
– Harry Dickman plays Ferapont. His credits include Any Human Heart (Channel 4), Fiddler on the Roof (UK tour) and Steptoe & Son (West End).
– Gruffudd Glyn joins the cast as Fedotik. He was part of the RSC Ensemble from 2009-11 and was in Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar and The Winter’s Tale.
– Danny Kirrane will play Andrey. Danny was in the original Jerusalem (Royal Court, West End). He also played Kevin in television series Skins, Timms in The History Boys (National, tour, West End) and was recently in Boys (Soho/High Tide).
– Richard Pryal will play Rode. His previous theatre work includes Translations (Leicester Curve), Farm Boy (59e59, New York), The Merchant of Venice (The Changeling).
– Ann Queensberry will play Anfisa. Her previous work includes Zeffirelli’s Jane Eyre and La Fausse Suivante (Bouffes du Nord).
– Paul Rattray plays Solyony. He was in the cast of Black Watch (NTS, world tour) and was previously at the Young Vic in 2005 with In Blue.
– Adrian Schiller will play Kulygin. He recently appeared in The Veil (National) and will appear in the BBC adaptation of Richard II.
– Sam Troughton joins the cast as Tuzenbach. Sam’s played ‘Much’ in the popular television series Robin Hood. He was a part of the RSC Ensemble from 2009-11 and his work for the RSC includes playing Romeo in Romeo & Juliet alongside Mariah Gale’s Juliet!
Three Sisters, in a new version by visionary director Benedict Andrews, opening 8 September and playing through 28 July. Tickets are on sale from £10, book now to avoid disappointment.