We know you’ve been waiting for it, it’s 11 Questions time with Billy Howle. Currently on stage at the Young Vic until 1 July in Life of Galileo, find out what Billy thinks needs inventing right now 👇🏽.
1. Can you describe your character in Life of Galileo in three words?
Inquisitive. Dedicated. Trusting.
2. What’s you’re favourite thing about working with Joe Wright?
Forgetting everything I thought I knew.
3. What can the audience expect from this production that’s different to anything else they are likely to have seen before?
Wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise.
4. What invention do you think the world is lacking right now?
Truth-o-meter: Bullshit detector, namely for politicians.
5. What are you usually doing 10 minutes before the show begins?
Singing / Dancing / Sleeping / Eating
6. What is your favourite project you have worked on as an actor?
I don’t have favourite – but this is pretty darn lush.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the universe, where would you go and why?
Boldly go where no man has gone before (with Patrick Stewart).
8. What was it that first got you interested in the theatre?
Doing funny voices and fancy dress parties.
9. Who is your ultimate hero, and what would you say to them if you ever met them?
“Unhappy is the land that needs heroes”
10. What is your favourite midnight snack?
11. If you could have been born in any era, which would it be and why?
70’s/80’s so I could see who my parents were before me.
Life of Galileo runs 6 May – 1 July at the Young Vic directed by BAFTA Award-winning director Joe Wright (Atonement, Pride and Prejudice). Book tickets now.