Eleanor Kane plays Medium Alison in our current Main House production Fun Home. These are her 11 Questions…
1. Can you describe your character in Fun Home in three words?
Brave, intuitive, hopeful.
2. What’s your favourite thing about working with Sam Gold?
Providing a skeleton within which you have freedom to play and explore.
3. What can the audience expect from this production that’s different to anything else they are likely to have seen before?
A musical that is incredibly intelligent and delicate.
4. What invention do you think the world is lacking right now?
A PEACE MACHINE!
5. What is your favourite project you have worked on as an actor?
6. What are you usually doing 10 minutes before the show begins?
Lying on the floor, trying to focus on what lies ahead.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the universe, where would you go and why?
The top of Mount Everest so I could say I’ve been at the top of the world.
8. Who is your ultimate hero and what would you say to them if you ever met them?
No joke…it’s Aretha Franklin!! She’s always been my biggest inspiration. If I ever met her I’d just thank her for everything she’s helped me and so many others through by her art.
9. What was it that first got you interested in theatre?
Watched a production of David Greig’s Dunsinane and wanted to evoke that level of epic power on stage.
10. What is your favourite midnight snack?
Toast and hummus
11. If you could have been born in any era, which would it be and why?
The 60s, to live through the birth of rock’n’roll and major social change.
Fun Home runs until 1 Sept. Find out more about the production here. Tickets are sold out but you are welcome to queue for returns before each performance.
Top image: Eleanor Kane and Cherrelle Skeete. Photo by Marc Brenner.