We are delighted to announce a new show Why It’s Kicking Off Everywhere by Paul Mason and directed by David Lan, which will be performed 28 – 30 March 2017 in the Young Vic’s Maria studio. Tickets are free and will be allocated by ballot. The show will be filmed and broadcast at a later date by BBC Television as part of Performance Live.
“What kind of revolution is this?”
The world premiere of a play about revolution.
This is the story of the networked generation. How did we get from the optimism of the Arab Spring and the Occupy Movement to Trump’s election and the dislocation of the present day?
Journalist Paul Mason teams up with Young Vic artistic director David Lan for this powerful and challenging new show based on Paul’s acclaimed book.
Performed by Paul Mason, Khalid Abdalla, Lara Sawalha and Sirine Saba in promenade with stunning video designs, the audience will interact with the company throughout the show.
Tickets for the limited run are one per person and available exclusively through our online ballot. More details below.
The ‘How’, the Terms, and the Conditions:
- Click through to our ballot form here to register for free tickets.
- Fill out the required fields including which performance you would like to attend.
- You must apply by 12pm Wednesday 22 March.
- Winners will be contacted on Thursday 23 March by email.
- If you don’t respond with confirmation by 12pm Friday 24 March your ticket will be assigned to another applicant.
- If you are successful in getting a ticket, but are unable to attend the performance, the ticket is non transferable and will be assigned to another applicant.
- You must bring photo identification with you that matches your name to the ballot entry.
- Audience participation is a key part of the performance so please be prepared to have the company interact with you.
- This performance is being filmed for the BBC. By ticking the filming permissions box on the ballot, you agree to be filmed for inclusion in the programme, and give all rights for use to the producers in perpetuity
- The YV promises that you will not receive unsolicited mail by supplying your personal details.